Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cody, what happened to your ear?

It finally happened. Our first trip to the ER with one of our children. I just knew Cody would be our first child having us make the trip and of course I was right. DUH! When I got to the ER I asked him what had happened (i was at work when i got the call from adam) and this is what he told me….

Me: Cody, what in the world happened to your ear?

Cody: Nothing. It’s just bleeding.

Me: You must have done something to make it bleed.

Cody: No, Tay Tay did it. (fyi, baby girl was napping)

Then there was this…

Me: Cody, how did your ear open up like that?

Cody: I don’t know.

Me: What do you mean you don’t know? You have a hole in your ear.

Cody: I just don’t know.

Of course there was this one…

Me: Cody, please tell me what happened.

Cody: I was feeding Tigger.

Me: Daddy said you were in your room. Bubba found you there.

Cody: I was feeding Tigger on my dresser.

Me: Why were you feeding Tigger on your dresser?

Cody: Cause he was hungry.

Me: Ok, so what happened to your ear?

Cody: I don’t think I know. ~long pause~ Tigger did it!

BUT, here is the best one…

Me: Cody, I really need to know what happened before the doctors come in.

Cody: A stranger did it.

Me: Where did the stranger come from?

Cody: The strangers house. ~UGH, smartass~

Me: How did he get into our house?

Cody: He came down through my window.

Me: But, how did you get the whole in your ear?

Cody: The stranger cut me with his knife. Then I took the knife and poked him in the belly. He died.

Me: If there was really a stranger, and if he died, where is he’s body?

Cody: I put him in the trash can and locked it up. Don’t worry mom he won’t get out. It won’t happen again.

Me: ~sigh~ Good to know. ~headshake~

And there you have it! An hour in the ER and we still don’t know what really happened. I’m starting to think he’s going to be the next Stephen King.   

Picture 5289Picture 5290Picture 5291Picture 5292

5 comments:

  1. Your ER trips are MUCH more exciting than mine. Haha. At least you got a good story (or lots of good stories) out of it.
    I go to the ER and my kids give the doc a play by play of the entire event. Now I have to write a report!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy what an imagination he has. By the way what it Tigger? Is it a hampster or guinea pig. That is way fun but hope his ear is okay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dad told me abou the stranger story, what a creative mind he has!! Happy Mother's Day!! Love ya cous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you ever find out what really happened?

    ReplyDelete