Monday, May 24, 2010

It’s Been Awhile…

OMG! I can’t believe I haven’t blogged in almost 20 days! I think that’s the longest I’ve gone since I’ve started blogging. These past few weeks have been SOOO hectic with my half marathon, multiple Mother’s Day parties, baseball, field trips, and Vegas. Yes, you read right, VEGAS! I suppose I have a lot to write about. LOL. Lets see where to start….

Parkway Half Marathon did not turn out as well as I was planning. I don’t know if I didn’t train hard enough, if it was to close in between races, the weather was warm, my knee pain, or if it was just an off day for me. All I know is this, I crossed the finish line at a time I am not proud of.

Of course I’m proud that I finished, but I am the type of person that is very hard on myself if I don’t accomplish the goals I set.  And the bottom line is, I did not accomplish my goal time. I was very upset with myself after the race. And for a few days after I kept replaying the day over to try and figure out what went wrong.

Nothing ever stuck out to me on what I needed to change or needed to add. So I guess it’s just back to running and fitting in more speed work through out the week. Perhaps next race I won’t set a certain time so I don’t feel so much pressure on race day. But then again, I’m an Aries, I’m way to competitive not to do that. ;)

28218_1249279883411_1571905247_30536561_6791803_n

No comments:

Post a Comment