Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Paleo Diet ~ Week 1


Week 1 of our diet adventure is over and all I can say is.... Thank goodness there is only 3 more weeks to go!  I am not a diet person, I like food!  You know the saying, "eat, drink, and be merry?"  I live by those words.  But my husband wanted to give the Paleo Diet a try, and since I'm such a great wife, I figured I should be supportive and follow the 30-day plan with him.

Friends of ours choose the book, "The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet" and have had great results, so we decided to read the same book.  The Paleo Diet pretty much takes eating back to the hunter and gatherer days; meat, veggies, and fruit.  No processed foods (DUH, that's just common sense), no refined sugar (more common sense), no dairy, no grains, no potatoes, and no legumes.  That's a whole lot of no's and I don't like no's. Just ask my husband! ;)

So far Adam has lost about 6lbs.  Me?  Yeah, the scale and I have major issues so I refuse to stand on it. Ever since I can remember I've had this number stuck in my head of what my weight "should" be.  And even though I know it's unrealistic, not only because it's unhealthy but also muscle weights more then fat,  I can't shake the number.  So instead of beating my self-esteem up over a number, I chose to gage my results on how I feel and look.  And with that... I better see some damn results quickly or this carb loving girl is going to throw in the towel!

No comments:

Post a Comment