Monday, January 9, 2012

A New Year, A Better Me


Last year wasn't a very good year for me and my goals. Even though I accomplished the goals that meant the most to me, I didn't have a great over all ratio. So to fix that, I decided this year I'll only set 5 goals for myself. I know, you can say it.... GENIUS! Me and problem solving go hand in hand. ;)


My Personal Goals for 2012:

1. Talk more, yell less. - You probably think this is a crazy goal, but I'm a mother of 3 who works a full time swing shift job and is sleep deprived. Plus, I'm an Aries. It's not crazy! (I promise I wasn't yelling when I typed that)

2. Finish the California International Marathon - It'll be my first full marathon. 26.2 miles!! Would love to do it in 4:45 but I'll settle for anything under 5:00 hours.


3. Health - No more not eating till 2pm when I get to work. I want to be around as long as possible to annoy the crap out of my children. So this horrible habit most GO!


4. Call more, text/email/social network less. - In all fairness it's REALLY hard for me to talk on the phone. My kids only want to ask questions when I'm on the phone and at night when they would be in bed I'm at work. But I'll give it a whirl.


5. Learn to bake Chocolate Chip Cookies. - If you want killer sugar cookies, brownies, banana chocolate muffins, or even fudge; you got it! If you want a chocolate chip cookie you better go somewhere else. Even when I make them out of a bag they suck. True story!


There you have it, 2012 goals! Happy Monday! :)

1 comment: