Monday, September 14, 2009

First Soccer Game...


Good nights rest? Check. Uniform clean and laid out? Check. Water bottle full and in the refrigerator? Check. Rain gear packed? What, rain gear? That’s right, first official soccer game of the season and not only does it rain but there has to be lightening storms too!Of course all of this starts after I have already loaded the two younger munchkins up and I’m on my way out to the field. But what makes it even better, the game doesn’t get called until I have unloaded the little ones and I’m almost to the field. I know what your thinking, “Why didn’t I call Adam before heading out?” Um, hello, of course I did! His response was, “Rain? What rain?” Now I have a better question. Why didn’t he call my cell phone and tell me to stay in the car? Just asking. :)

So the official ruling after 15 minutes of play, a 1-1 score, and one irritating parent complaining that their child was getting wet; game was canceled due to lightening. Funny thing is, once the game was canceled most of the kids stayed out on the field having a blast playing soccer in the rain. Of course the irritating parent rushed their child off the field so fast a lightening bolt wouldn’t stand a chance against her. This is probably just a myth, but I always thought lightening normally struck the tallest object. Which in this case I have no problem with the game continuing because we all know it would never hit Mason!

IMG_6562-2 IMG_6563

Instead of waiting the 10 minute storm out, we have to make up the game Monday night and I’m totally bummed because Adam and I both will be missing his game due to our work schedules. I have a feeling we’ll be making a Costco run this weekend and buying a 5 dozen pack of eggs. And all of those eggs will not be used for making omelets if you know what I mean. Maybe I'll even let the other father's know what I'm planning because I have a feeling they're not to happy to be missing opening season of Monday night football.

P.S. Thank you to all the family and friends that came out to support Mason at his first game. I am truly sorry you were unable to watch a full game.

IMG_6556 IMG_6561

No comments:

Post a Comment