Monday, March 7, 2011

Lent 2011

Tomorrow we'll be celebrating Fat Tuesday, which means Red Beans and Rice for dinner and hopefully a Kings Cake if I get a chance to bake one before work. It also means the following day is Lent. And even though my family does not belong to a certain church, or go to church on a regular basis; I still like to participate in the Lent tradition.

Each year I have tried to give up something different. Last year I gave up online shopping, the year before that it was carbonated drinks, and the year before that I gave up chocolate. So to do something different for 2011 I've decided to give up Facebook. Yes, roll your eyes. But Facebook really does help pass the time while I'm at work. Of course that’s once my work is done. :)

What are you giving up for Lent?

1 comment:

  1. Hey mom! I guess I'll comment because I find the irony so compelling. My thoughts on lent are...http://portraitofalifeinfreefall.blogspot.com/2011/03/lent-schment.html. You may have seen this, if so then never mind. Btw, your boy has your smile. Exactly. And I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete