Thursday, June 17, 2010

Our Summer List

I first saw this cool idea on Debbie’s Blog and thought this would be a really fun thing to do with the kids. Not only would it allow them to choose things they would like to do over the next few months, but it would also help us implement our rewards system with them better. Then I saw the same idea, with a little twist over on Eighteen25 and knew I must do it this way. Of course I’ll be kicking myself in the ass when I’m up at 2am doing it, but oh well. :)Pictures 328

~Materials~                                                                                                              1. 11x17 poster frame ($4 at Walmart)                                                      2. 12x12 scrapbooking paper (5 for $1 at Joann's)                                3.  Black dry easer marker                                                                                 4. Glue stick                                                                                                           5. Kid(s) with a great imagination!

  • Cut a 5x11 piece of paper for the header
  • Cut 1x11 strips with 3 pieces of your paper
  • Cut 1 piece of paper to 11x12Pictures 331
  • Glue down your header paper and 11x12 paper
  • Next arrange 1x11 strips and then glue those down
  • Place glass top back into framePictures 332
  • Now have fun with your kids and write out your summer list!!!Pictures 335

3 comments:

  1. So i followed over from the Larson Lingo and I just read all the hilarious things your boys say and I was crying by the end! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great looking list!!! I love the background Mine kinda looks Walgreens-cheap now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walgreens-cheap is good to me!! lol. It actually didn't take long at all. Eighteen25 actually did their's with digital scrapbooking. I'm not cool for all that quite yet. :)

    ReplyDelete