Friday, December 4, 2009

Gobble Gobble

Before

Picture 202

After

16150_1218900406758_1656343181_572689_7421843_n2

This year our bird was 25lbs! The largest I could find at Costco and fit in my roasting pan. I think this year was my best bird yet. The meat literally feel off the bone making it hard to carve. There was only enough leftovers for one meal but I managed to scrap enough off the legs to get two. I made a “Day After Thanksgiving Pie” with the leftover stuffing, meat, mash potatoes, and cheese. I’ve learned in my house cheese will make any dinner get eaten! With the leg meat I through that into my BFF, aka Crockpot; with some broth, veggies, and egg noodles to make “soup”. Most of the broth was absorbed by dinnertime, but it worked out since my kids would only eat it because I said it was “chicken” and noodles. They are weird like that, no fancy names for them. Lasagna has become meat and noodles, chili is beans and meat, and soup is now chicken and noodles. Whatever it takes to keep them eating healthy, I don’t care!!

2 comments: