Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cheesy Chicken over Penne

Let me first start with this… I normally make this recipe with broccoli instead of peas and corn. But since I didn’t have broccoli and no time to go to the grocery store, I needed to improvise. Adam said it still turned out very tasty.

Picture 4996

3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast

2 cans of cheddar cheese condensed soup

1 cup frozen peas

1 cup frozen corn

your choose of seasonings (i used garlic slat, pepper, rosemary, and parsley)

whole wheat penne (or any other pasta you desire)

~Rinse chicken breasts and remove any extra fatty pieces, pat dry. Pour in both cans of soup. Season both sides of chicken and then place on top of cheddar soup. Toss in your veggies. Cook 6-8 hours on low. Boil your pasta when it’s dinnertime and serve your chicken and cheesy sauce over it.

Side note: When I make this with broccoli, I would normally add it half way through cooking. Or I’ll steam it while my pasta is boiling.

What’s for dinner tonight?Picture 4997

No comments:

Post a Comment