Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Whole Chicken, Asparagus, & Red Potatoes

For tonight's dinner I switched things up a little. I normally stuff my chicken (and turkey) with apples, but my girlfriend Allison told me she stuffs hers with oranges. So oranges it is! And now if Adam complains I’ll blame it on her. :)

Picture 4840

1 4lb chicken

1 can chicken broth (i like to use low sodium)

2 oranges, peeled and separated

red potatoes (however many you want), washed and pierced

1 bundle of asparagus, ends cut at diagonal

3 bay leaves

2 cloves of garlic

your choose of seasonings (i used italian, grinded garlic sea salt, and paprika)

~Discard the insides, then rinse and pat dry. Stuff one peeled and separated orange into body cavity, along with garlic. Rub chicken with your seasons. Pour broth into crock-pot along with other orange and bay leaves. Place your chicken on oranges. Toss in red potatoes and asparagus. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

What do you think?Picture 4844

2 comments:

  1. I'm ashamed to admit that I've never cooked a whole chicken. {shameful!}

    This looks delish - and easy. I'll give it a try. :)

    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. you gotta give it a try, very simple. if you like your asparagus "crispy" i'd put it in half way through. :)

    ReplyDelete