Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Quick and Simple Chicken "Chili"

Have I ever mentioned how much I heart my Crock-Pot? Will just in case I haven't or some how you missed it (which is what has happened, since i talk about my bff all the time)... I LOVE MY CROCK-POT! I make some of my best dinners in her! Seriously, what is there not to love about a Crock-Pot? You dump in whatever you like, set it on low and then go about your day. Eight hours later, VOILA, dinner! It can't get any easier then that. Will it could, but it would include some sort of fast food drive thru loaded with trans fat. GROSS!

Anyways... Last night I made a VERY simple chicken chili. Figured I would share it since  Adam and the kids seemed to love it. There was only enough left for Cody’s lunch today and a serving for myself for dinner tonight. :)

Picture 4626

Crock-Pot Chicken "Chili"

4 boneless chicken breast

1 jar of chucky salsa (i like to use the southwest kind)

2 cans of black beans (low sodium, not drained)

1lb frozen corn

Pressed garlic

A couple hours into cooking I start to shred the chicken with a fork. If you’re not around to do this, you could always dice up the chicken beforehand. Top it off with some cheese when your ready to serve, throw some cornbread on a plate (no cornbread? eat it with a tortilla), and you got yourself dinner with very little prep time. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. oooh thanks!! I heart my crockpot too.....i will have to try this. have you ever visited http://crockpot365.blogspot.com ? I love that site :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, i have a new blog i'm in love with! thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete